Tuesday 4 September 2012

Day 6: a change of role..

So last night Betttina (one of the IPC staff) witnessed me chatting openly with some athletes. She felt I was more outgoing than some of the other GM team members so switched me to the IPC voting area (at the back of the athletes dinning hall).

I had one aim: to get more AA athletes to vote in the Athletes Council Elections (currently we only had 28%)

Really fun job as it allowed me access to everyone. My pigeon French and Spanish actually game in use on many occasions. Struggled a lot with Russian and Chinese speakers!!

I worked in tandem with Alex (another GM) as we both held up boards in various different languages (French, Spanish, Russian and English) to draw attention. It worked and we had a successful shift.

Pretty sure by the end of the day we had 33% and I had caught my first glimpse of Ellie Simmonds...

No comments:

Post a Comment