Sunday 12 August 2012

Looking the part!

You know it's getting near when you get invited to collect your accreditation and uniform.. having seen my university friend Ben Waring in his Olympic gear the other day, it's clear to see that the uniform and Games Makers made a real positive impact.
Ben and I

Verity and myself took the long road to East London to visit the UCAD building. Rather annoyingly, poor Vez had to sit and wait in the car park for an hour whilst I passed through various checkpoints.

First of all it was to collect my accreditation, then into a waiting room to wait for my number to be called. Entered the men's changing rooms to try on various items of clothing.. all medium. Knew that anyway but they made me go through the process!

It was then on to the massive warehouse where piles of Adidas equipment were being stored. All my new equipment was collected by some smiley volunteers and then into the shop where it was scanned (Tesco style). Thankfully the bill came to £0!

The task for the rest of the day was to navigate the rest of London hoping not to get robbed!

Treated Vez to a night of Billy Elliot where numerous Games Makers had also taken advantage of the 2012 promotions too. Great show.

No comments:

Post a Comment