Monday 6 August 2012

Olympic fever

As the Olympics enters into its 2nd week, it's been impossible not to get carried away with Team GB success. I've been one of the lucky ones having seen 5 different events already (Team GB football at Old Trafford, Wimbledon tennis, Team GB basketball, the cycling time trail and football at Wembley).

Whilst my quest and hunger for more tickets continues, I am now rapidly approaching my Gamesmaker stint for the Paralympics, made even more real by the collection of my uniform and accreditation on Saturday and the training session next Wednesday.

Details of my volunteering are still vague, but I do know that I will be based at The Grange in St. Paul's working as an IPC (International Paralympic Committee) assistant team member. 8 shifts confirmed 2:30pm til 8:30pm.

Very excited now.. and even have 2 tickets for the Paralympic athletics and the closing ceremony too to look forward to as well!

Watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment