Tuesday 7 August 2012

Putting the GREAT back in Britain...

Never one for negativity, my views on London hosting the Olympics were always going to be positive ones. I wish, however, the same could be said for the many Facebookers, Twitterers and media outlets out there who preferred to dwell on the economic uncertainty instead during the build up.

Whilst the games were always going to cost a few quid, you can't put a price on morale and pride which seems to have returned in abundance last week. With some lateral thinking you can also see a better sporting infrastructure, transport network, regeneration of East London, current and future tourism, increased public spending, not to mention the inspiration to us and our children (I could go on!).

The eyes of the world are upon us and no one really cares about some of the logistical issues that ALL host countries have to overcome.

As a marketeer, ROI is a common concept to me, but I'm confident that London's ROI/legacy will continue to drag us into a more profitable and happier place.

I wish the Games lasted longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment